Monday, October 12, 2009

So I should continue on with some of my thoughts and with news on the battle lines. Recently I was in contact with my Aunt Irene. ( real mail the kind with a stamp) Note not all mail the kind with a stamp has a bill in it or some form of junk of which nether is welcome to sore eyes and tired feet. So she has been filling me in on my Uncle Joe. He is my mothers brother. She just sent me the mail call from the Fighting squadron's of WWII. Joe was on board one of the big bomber during the war. He went down in the North Sea of the Coast of England in late 1944. The mail call is a Company letter in which all surviving members of these Squadron's get to report in and some take the opportunity to tell some of the experiences from there flights into Germany. With out going into great detail let me just say these guys now old and gray and most of whom use walkers and canes to move about were in their day unmovable in there task and determination to complete the task at hand. I would say they seemed fearless however I know that before every fight there are fears and a stomach full of butterflies. This very fact even seems to increase their very stature. The title Once they were Young is very fitting. I hope all of you never lose sight of what has made it posable. Posable that you enjoy the opportunities and freedoms of choice. Now with all that said I would tell you that in my life I have seen the changes and alterations that even some times seem to be at siege with full frontal assaults upon these freedoms. Some are lost. Even so I hope that all of you know that there is no gray area in truth. Nor is there shades of good. What is true today will also be forever. Good will always be battered by the artillery evil. Never give up. Being a little battered or even a lot battered is only a sign that you have made inroad into the enemy lines.

No comments: